WordPress isn’t just for blogs any more! It’s become a very powerful and effective content management system (CMS) for creating individual or corporate websites as well (see: ours). Not only are there many theme options to choose from, but WordPress allows you to fully maintain and update your site all by yourself. No, you don’t need to know PHP coding (wouldn’t hurt though) or be an expert in HTML 5. WordPress sites are very user friendly and are a dynamic, cost-effective way to launch your brand on the web.
Large Media can:
* Set up your WordPress account
* Consult with you on what type of WordPress theme best suits your needs
* Get you the correct plug-ins so you can keep tabs on your traffic
* Set up the correct keywords for search engine optimization (SEO)
* Create sitemaps for Google, Yahoo! and Bing
* Register your sitemaps with these major search engines so they know to crawl your site.
* Arrange to get your own hosting
* Block spam
* Enhance comments
* Make your blog easy to share via Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites.
* Get your site verified by Google
* Advise you on what type of content you should focus on and how best to post it on your blog (this is where people tend to need the most help).
* Create a mobile-friendly version of your site for easy viewing on Blackberry, iPhone and other portable data devices.
* Teach you how to monitor all of your site statistics. Who is linking to you? Why is Google finding errors when they crawl your blog?
What is wrong with a sitemap? What keywords are most effective? Google’s Webmaster Tools is free and very effective.
Here are some websites that we’ve created and/or have been accepted by Google News:
Click on the image below so you can see our screenshot of a random search. Micah’s OTR blog isn’t huge (about 50,000 unique users per month), but you can see that it’s showing up in this search result ahead of USA Today‘s same exact story. And it’s a general search for “Jose Guillen,” he didn’t type out a long sentence unique to his post. Your blog can get atop Google News searches too, and we can show you how.
And if you want/need a high-end website with endless features? Call us, we know people. We’ll get you pointed in the right direction.